Evolution Live Casino Hold'em Rules & Playing Strategy

Casino Hold'em is a very easy game to learn and play particularly if you already know of the various poker hands which can be achieved. Here is a brief explanation of the rules and strategy when playing Live Casino Hold'em by Evolution Gaming.

1. Casino Hold'em is played with a standard 52 card deck.

2. Before any game begins the player must place an ante wager and an optional bonus bet for a chance to win extra payouts on the bonus pay table.

3. The player and dealer are both dealt two cards and 3 community cards are placed in the middle of the table which is also known as the flop.

4. The player must now decide whether to call or fold, to continue the hand the player must call and place double the amount of the initial ante wager. If a bonus bet has been placed and you manage to hit at least a pair of aces using your two cards and the flop simply call to recieve your bonus payout win.

5. The dealer will now deal two more community cards (The turn and River) to make a total of 5 cards in the middle of the table. The dealer will now make their best 5 card poker hand and score it accordingly, if the player has called, the players and dealers best 5 card hand will now be compared. The dealer must have at least a pair of four's to qualify, if the dealer does not qualify then the ante will pay according to the ante pay table and the call bet will be returned.

6. If the dealer qualifies and beats the players hand then the player loses both the ante and the call bet.

7. Should the dealer qualify with at least a pair of fours and the player beats the dealers hand then the ante will pay according to the payout table and the call bet will pay 1-1.

8. If the dealer qualifies and the player ties with the same hand as the dealers then both the ante and call bets will be returned.

Play Evolution Live Casino Hold'em

Playing Strategy

According to the Wizard Of Odds (Michael Shackleford) there is no easy way to determine an optimal strategy for Casino Hold'em.

Since the optimal decision for each hand is based on the combination of all 7 cards (The players two cards and the five community cards shown in the middle of the table) dealt.

As such while computer programs can easily deal with the calculations required to make the correct play in any given hand, it is difficult to make a general set of rules which can be memorised for other casino games like Blackjack.

With optimal strategy the player will call 82% of the time, so only in the worst 18% of hands should the player fold. The hands you should fold are broadly based on when the player has two cards lesser in value compared to the flop with little or no chance of drawing to a straight or flush.

When using this basic strategy of ideally folding the worst 18% of hands and calling the other 82% the house edge long term works out at around 2.16% when playing just the ante payout table only.

Payout Table Information

Where To Play Evolution Live Casino Hold'em

Back To Home Page